Monday, November 1, 2010

The Kind Words of A Stranger....

So...This past weekend I was doing a little shopping at our local Target and lo and behold this kind lady comes up to me and proceeds to rub my belly. I am totally against anyone touching anyone elses belly! I mean who really thinks this is ok? I already feel HUGE and my back hurts everyday so I'm not really in the mood to deal with the crazy strangers. Anywho...this is my conversation with the lady in Target:
Her: "Oh my gosh you must be due anyday now, huh?"
Me: "Yea, in just 3 weeks!"
Her: "Three Weeks!! I don't believe that! Your huge, you will definatly go way before three weeks!!!"
Me: (akward laugh)
The lady behind me in the check out is cracking up and looking at me like, "Wow! Some people!"
Her: "Really, your belly is so big! How many are you having?"
Me: "Just the one!"
Her: "Oh"

Can you believe what some people think is appropriate?

4 comments:

  1. Was she a big lady? If so, after she tells me "You're HUGE" I might respond, "yeah, well I'm 9 months pregnant, what's your excuse?!?!" It is amazing what nerve some people have or think they have the right to say/do to a pregnant woman. You look beautiful, not huge. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got LOTS and LOTS of that, isn't it annoying? And I bet you look amazing, how dare her! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So annoying! I can't understand WHY people think it's ok to touch strangers and make comments. The next time this happens you should scream like you're in pain and tell the person to stop touching your tumor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious. People are so weird. I truly thought it was going to be something sweet from the title and was disappointed when it was about some mean old woman!

    ReplyDelete