Life lately has been pretty great! First, morning sickness has finally started to subside. I have gone from being quizzy all day to just at night. Hip Hip Hooray! I have been so grateful that I have not actually thrown up. Thomas laughs at me because when I found out I was pregnant I bought all of these baby books. And read them all the time. When I got to the part about morning sickness, some of them said that morning sickness is a sign of a healthy pregnancy. So what did I do...I wasn't feeling quizzy and automatically started to worry. So like any crazy person, I started praying that I would feel pregnant so that I would know everything was o.k. I know what your thinking, "This chick is out of her mind! Be happy that you don't feel sick!" Well...it finally happened about a week after that, I felt it. And I felt it ALL DAY LONG! Well I couldn't do that much complaining because I had asked for it. Literally!! But it did make me feel more pregnant, so I was a semi-happy camper. Now I'm a very happy camper because I don't feel quizzy anymore!
Our next doctor appointment is May 21st. We have an appointment at 11 with the doctor that is doing the neural translucency test (the genetic test for down's, spina bifida, etc.) and then our regular appointment at 2. Unfortunately Thomas is not going to be able to take off all day for this, but thankfully my mom and grandmother are going to be able to come up. I am so excited about seeing the little butter bean again. I hate Thomas isn't going to be able to come but my mom is SO EXCITED that she is. Please keep us in your prayers during this testing. Any kind of testing, needles, etc. makes my SO nervous.
And finally, I had the best Mother's-to-be Day!! Thomas is so sweet and thoughtful. He had a whole day planned out for us. And he deserves extra credit because he had just got back in town from Norfolk, VA where he had been for 2 WEEKS! We went out to my favorite restaurant Saturday night, Bella Note. I got my usual...Tomato Basil Ravioli. YUM!! The next day we went to lunch after church and then got in comfy clothes and went to the movies. We saw Date Night and pigged out on Skittles and cookies with ice cream in the middle. When we got home he surprised me with the Reebok shoes I have been wanting. You know the ones? The ones with the little blow up balls that are supposed to work out your legs and booty. I'm so excited! I can't wait to use them. I was so excited about giving them a test drive today, but it is raining! BOO.
Sorry I don't have any pictures for this post...maybe next time.
11 years ago
Hi Robin! Congrats on the baby news! I'm glad I found your blog. I had no idea you lived in Lexington, I'm so jealous. Well if I didn't live in my other favorite place (Auburn) I would be even more jealous. I went to UK my freshman year and LOVED it! I still have a good number of friends up there that I keep in touch with. The only reason I left was for Trey. I really miss it up there. We used to visit at least once a year but after getting married and now a baby it hasn't happened in a couple of years. Anyways, just wanted to say hey. I hope you are enjoying Lexington. If we ever move anywhere else that is where I want to be.
ReplyDelete